Windows 10 provides user experience and functionality for a vast collection of devices that are compatible with hardware. Hardware detection is an important part which is supported by driver software. Driver software enables communication with the operating system and hardware components.
Uninstall a Driver
Drivers are used to run programs which take help of hardware. They can be problematic because, if in case you install a different driver by mistake then Windows Update will continue to download updates related to that specific driver instead of preferred one.
To block that particular driver you need to stop the driver update from being installed. If you roll back installed the driver then Windows Update will automatically install that driver again which checking for updates.
So in order to uninstall an unnecessary driver in Windows 10, follow simple steps as mentioned below:
- Right click on Start Button of your screen
- Select Device Manager to launch Device Manager
- The menu shows two options 1. Uninstall 2. Disable
- Locate the device whose driver you want to uninstall, right-click it, and select Uninstall
- Check “Delete the driver software for this device” option and click OK
Windows will easily uninstall the driver software which has been downloaded from Windows Update. After completing this process, one can install fresh driver software as per your requirement.