MOV is the multimedia file format and MPEG-4 video container developed by Apple Inc. MOV video file format is used in almost every device like cell phones, camcorders, Digital camera etc. Most of the digital cameras and camcorders that are available in the market support this file type. This MOV video file format is compatible with both Macintosh and Windows platforms.
The MOV file format is often used to save movie files and video clips to a hard drive or other media device. The video file format contains one or more tracks, each of which stores a particular type data: audio, video, effects or text (subtitles).
Even though MOV is one of the most reliable video format, all the video file formats are prone to errors. There are many possible reasons that could lead to video file corruption and to make it unplayable. So the .mov file can also get damaged easily.
Then, what are the possible causes that the MOV file gets damaged?
- The issues might be due to the audio video synchronization, codec issues and many more.
- Due to the interruptions that occur while the file is being transferred from one system to other device or vice versa.
- Due to the virus infection, where the media file gets damaged and not be able to play in any of the media players.
- Third party software like some unreliable recovery software might cause harm to the MOV file.
- When the user tries to convert a MOV file to AVI or MOV to MP4 or MOV to FLV, if complete conversion don`t take place then MOV file might get corrupted due to faulty conversion process.
In all such cases your .mov file might get damaged and become unplayable. Users may require a professional .mov video repair application to fix damaged MOV file. There are plenty of software that are available in the market. Remo Repair MOV is one of the most remarkable software that solves all the .mov file issues.
Features of Remo Repair MOV
- It repairs the damaged file without harming the original MOV file and saves separate copy of the same file. It separates the audio and video streams and merges them later to make sure both tracks remain unharmed. The video remains in the same format as before the corruption.
- The software provides the free preview option to the users to preview repaired MOV and MP4 videos before saving them.
- It can fix the MOV file and MP4 file that is not playable on QuickTime player.
- Provides the easy to use interface and simple steps makes the MOV and MP4 video repair process easier and simpler.
- Better antivirus application installed on the system.
- Avoid changing of .mov file format again and again.
- Always download files from the trusted website and don`t leave them uncompleted.
MOV was developed by Apple Inc for supporting Mac systems, however later they extended their support to Windows OS also. MOV files allows synchronous audio-with-video playback which contains both audio and video data in the file container. MOV files also support multiple streaming audio and video as like XVID and DVIX video format.
Imagine that you went for a picnic along with your friends and had taken the videos of some beautiful scenery along with your friends to remember those sweet memories. Now you want to save those videos in your system and send to all of your friends through mail. You may eject the data cable of the camcorder while transferring the MOV files on to the computer as a result MOV files may get corrupted which makes it unable to play it further. Due to the improper ejection of the data cable from the camcorder can cause damage to the MOV files which makes the file inaccessibility.
Causes for MOV file corruption
- Improper shutdown of the system– Suppose if your system hangs and you will be in a hurry to go, also your system refuses to take the shutdown command. Then you may shut down your system forcefully. Such an abrupt shutdown of the system can make your MOV file corrupted resulting in inaccessibility of file.
- Virus Attack– Your system may prone to some of the harmful viruses like Trojan, Recyclers which infects the MOV file. These viruses may corrupt your MOV file and makes it inaccessibility if you don’t have any antivirus installed in your system.
- Bad Sectors– Bad sectors are known as the damage part of the storage devices. If this storage device gets damaged due to bad sectors then it may corrupt your MOV file which resides on your drive resulting in data loss.
- Power failure– Suddenly if the power failure occurs during the process of moving the files from one drive to another then it may result in corruption of MOV files making the data inaccessibility.
As such there may be number of reasons behind due to which your MOV file gets corrupted. Because of codec problem MOV files may become unplayable and you may lose your access to your MOV file. Bad MOV index, corrupted frames and many other reasons may result in corruption of your MOV files. Hence back up facility is always necessary which supports in keeping your important video files stored on Mac. If you don’t have back up then you may lose all your crucial files suddenly. This situation makes you to search powerful file repair tool that can easily repair MOV Mac.
Remo Repair tool can help you to fix files that are corrupted due to the reasons mentioned above. This tool also supports you to repair damaged AVI, DVD file format. It also supports to file on all versions of Mac Operating System. By using this utility you can also fix video files from SD cards, XD cards, external hard drive, hard disk etc.
Salient features of Remo Repair Tool:
- This software can repair the damaged/corrupted MOV file after recovery error.
- Efficient tool that supports in repairing the MOV video files
- Ability to repair unplayable MOV, XVID, and DIVX file formats.
- This software is powerful and malware-free tool that can fix your corrupted video effectively