At times, you need to shrink the partition for creating a new volume to store your data or to extend the existing partition because they are not big enough. When you first start to use your computer, it doesn’t have a perfect disk partitioning. So you need to resize the partition in order to get a better use of the entire space.
There are many methods to shrink a volume. In this post, we will show you how to use Diskpart to shrink partition at the command prompt with syntax.
Steps on how to shrink partition using Diskpart command line
Step 1: Click “Start” icon or hold “WIN+R” and enter “cmd” to open the command line prompt.
Step 2: Right-click on the command line prompt and select “Run as Administrator”.
Step 3: Enter “list volume” without the double quotes to list the number of volumes.
Step 4: Enter “select volume n” to choose the volume that you want to shrink.
Step 5: Enter “shrink desired=size” in order to shrink the selected volume.
After completing the above steps, you will shrink partition successfully with Diskpart. In case, if you get a shrink error and lost all your partitions that contain vital data then remember there is a partition recovery tool from Remo Recover to assist you.
Just read it further to understand how partition recovery is achieved
Remo Recover is inbuilt with powerful algorithms that perform recovery of lost or deleted partition with ease. This software enables you to recover corrupted, damaged and inaccessible partition. It supports the recovery of partitions from NTFS5, NTFS, FAT32, FAT16 and ExFAT. Just download the free trial version of the software and launch Remo Recover tool. Click on Drive Recovery option and you will be prompted to select the drive for partition recovery. Once the scanning process is completed, you can view the list of files/folders and select the required ones for saving.
Do’s and don’ts before you perform partition recovery
- Do not install the partition recovery software on the same disk from where you lost partitions.
- Do remember to maintain an additional backup of your important data on multiple devices.
Many users have adapted and some users are adapting Macintosh machines in their daily life as it includes certain significant functionalities. When one purchases a Mac machine, its hard drive will be partitioned with Mac’s default file system i.e., HFS. Later, user can repartition his Mac hard drive by creating two or more logical drives and format one with HFS, one with HFS+, and other with FAT32, and so on. However, while doing this task, due to some logical errors or users own mistake, a partition on Mac hard drive can get deleted. As a result of this, huge amount of data loss is guaranteed.
Other than the converting the file system process, there are many other circumstances that can lead to deletion of partition on Mac systems. Few important of them are listed below
- At times, when you want to delete a particular Volume on your Mac system, in hurry you may select a wrong Volume and delete it accidentally
- When a Mac partition is severely infected with some external threats like viruses and malwares, then it can result in deletion or it can hide the infected partition
- When you want to format a particular partition and at that time, by mistake you may format a wrong partition that leads to deletion of entire files from that partition
- Repartitioning using Disk Management Utility without proper knowledge can also lead to deletion or loss of the existing partition
Apart from the above mentioned scenarios, there could be lot more circumstances wherein you can lose a partition from your Mac system. Whatever may be the scenarios, you can easily recover deleted partition Mac with the assistance of powerful Mac partition recovery tool like Remo Recover. It supports deleted partition recovery Mac OS X including Sierra, El Capitan, Mountain Lion, Snow Leopard, Mavericks, Yosemite, etc. Just download, install, and run the free demo edition of Remo Recover application on your Mac system to recover deleted partition Mac system and view the recovered partition files with its in-built Preview button, which enables you to test the ability of the tool before you purchase the complete version
Salient features of Remo Recover tool:
- Remo Recover supports recovery of Mac Volume having different file systems such as HFS, HFSX, HFS+, FAT16, FAT32, and EXFAT
- Apart from Mac hard drive, it also recovers missing or erased data files from pen drives, external hard drives, memory cards, USB flash drives, FireWire drives, etc.
- It provides 24.7 technical support for its users to solve any kind of customer queries
- Supports recovery of more than 300 types of files including video files, images, music files, MS Office files, games, system files, etc.
- Besides deleted partition, it also recovers partition that is formatted, reformatted, corrupted, and damaged on all Mac running systems
Have you ever faced a horrible situation where you have lost or deleted a partition on your Apple laptop? In various scenarios, Apple users lose or accidentally delete a partition and worry about lost crucial files as well as folders containing large number of important files. No need to get upset in such situations, because those files from lost or deleted partition can be easily retrieved back with the help of good data recovery tool like Remo Recover application.
How Partition Gets Lost or Deleted from Apple Computers?
- Accidentally formatting a wrong Volume instead of the required Volume on Apple system erases entire partition data
- If the file system of a particular Mac Volume gets corrupt, then the entire Mac Volume becomes unreadable
- While doing some task on your Apple system, you may accidentally delete a partition by mistake
- Incorrect resizing of existing partition or creating a new partition without following correct procedure, then it may cause inaccessibility of the partition
Application to Perform Apple Partition Recovery:
Apart from above mentioned scenarios, there are other scenarios that can cause data loss such as hard drive crash, boot sector and master boot sector corruption, etc. Whatever may be the reasons, as soon as you notice that you have lost or deleted a partition on your Apple computer, then immediately turn off your computer, because adding new data on your computer’s hard drive reduces the chance of Apple partition recovery. Then, immediately make use of prominent data recovery tool like Remo Recover application to Apple restore partition easily in few steps. This software recognizes and recovers data from lost, deleted, and inaccessible Volume of Apple computer in few clicks.
Features of Remo Recover Application:
- This Apple restore partition tool allows users to evaluate the tool by providing trial version to download and run at completely free of cost
- Demo version, with its advanced scanning technology scans your Apple computer deeply and recognizes and recovers over more than 300 types of files within no time
- All the recovered files can be previewed either in File Type View or Data View in demo version itself
- Choosing “Save Recovery Session” option in demo version avoids you from rescanning your Apple computer after purchasing the tool, because you can directly resume with the saved recovery session using “Open Recovery Session” option
- This Apple partition recovery tool supports various Mac versions such as Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Snow Leopard, Yosemite, etc.
- It allows you to recover HFS, HFSX, HFS+, FAT16, and FAT32 formatted partitions
What is Remo Partition Recovery Tool?
Remo Partition Recovery Tool is software, made specifically in such a way that it easily retrieves all the data from the partition. It’s explicitly constructed algorithm scans through the entire drive and successfully recovers all the deleted/formatted partition irrespective of how your partition was deleted.
This is a well known fact that world is getting digitalized and people are getting even more digitalized with every other passing day. The concept of digitalization could be understood by the fact that people are relying more on software applications and tools and programs to store their memories than relying on photo albums and photo frames. These are the talks of old days now.
But for an instant, let’s assume the particular partition of your computer containing all of your important documents gets deleted all of a sudden due to some unforeseen reason. Then what? You would be hell irritated. Wouldn’t you? But you need not worry anymore. Losing your whole partition does not mean that you could not get it back on your computer. And this is what exactly Remo Partition Recovery Tool does. Remo Partition Recovery Software could easily restore your lost partition within a fraction of seconds just by following a series of simple steps. This application could retrieve your data from any lost format like FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, ExFAT, HFSX and HFS+.
Hence, Remo Partition Recovery Software is a very good solution to recover and restore all the data of the corresponding partition of any version of Windows OS like Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and XP. Follow this link to know how to recover lost or deleted partition using Remo Recover software.
When to use Remo Partition Recovery Software Tool?
- This application could be used to retrieve the accidentally formatted partitions very easily.
- To regain files and data lost of the partition due to interruption while transferring.
- This software can easily restore all files from crashed or failed hard drive partition.
- This program helps to retrieve back all data from inaccessible, RAW or corrupted partition.
- This application provides an easy method for regaining data from a hard disk partition which got crashed or fails to reboot
- Remo Partition Recovery Tool also helps in recovering partition that is deleted while reallocating the space between existing partitions.
- This software also helps in retrieving data from formatted or deleted RAID0, RAID1 and RAID5 arrays.
- Quickly restores all the lost data within a few simple steps in effective manner.
- Recovers all sort of media files like photos, videos, audio files, doc files etc. viz. the whole partition.
- Supports recovery of files from all sort of partition such as FAT32, NTFS, and FAT16 etc.
- Find option allows you to locate a particular file according to date, time, file extension etc. as per your own need.
- You can view your recovered files using Preview option before final restoration of files from the required partition.
Common data loss scenarios
- Error caused due to partitioning by some third party or in a wrong manner.
- Accidentally formatting the wrong drive. Example – user wants to format D drive but ends up formatting C drive instead.
- Sudden power surge.
- Relocating free space among partition may lead to the complete data loss from the existing partition.
- Improper shut down of windows may result in inaccessible partition.
- Accidental conversion of partition from dynamic to basic may lead to data loss from the whole partition.
“While performing partitioning functions you may end up deleting a partition. Did you accidentally delete any partition from your hard drive while reinstalling your operating system? Don’t know about how to recover deleted partition in windows 8.1! Read this article to come up with a great solution.”
Whenever you delete any partition, it’s not the data that is deleted only the entry in the partition table will be deleted. And your data still resides on the hard drive or any storage device. By making use of powerful recovery tool, you can easily retrieve the data from it. Actually, the data will be inaccessible; hence, you will not be able to access your data.
Data recovery from a deleted partition is possible using Remo Recover to perform deleted partition recovery. This software will allow you to select the physical drive connected to your laptop or pc, scans your drive, finds deleted or lost partitions on it and recovers data from partition that you deleted. Before going to know about how this tool helps you to recover deleted partition let’s look at some reasons why you end up with that problem:
- At the time of reinstalling operating system, you have the option to format the partition of your choice. Choosing and deleting the wrong partition or deleting a partition without taking necessary backup may lead to loss of data present on that particular partition.
- You might delete a partition containing important data accidentally when you are resizing or merging your partitions during the repartitioning process.
- The boot sector may get corrupted due to virus attacks or system file corruption making the partition inaccessible.
Factors responsible deleting Windows 8.1 partition could be any of the above or some other human faults or software bugs, Remo Recover provide you an ultimate solution in recovery.
Know about Remo Recover software:
Remo Recover Windows software is a powerful utility that is packed with robust scanning algorithms that could scan your entire Windows 8 drive easily and restores back your deleted partition. It then carefully extracts your entire data from the partition within a couple of minutes. This tool performs recovery with utmost ease and also with high success rate. Remo Recover Windows is loaded with many features to make the recovery process smooth and fast which are as follows:
- Capability to recover data from FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS 5, ExFAT or other partitions
- Restores more than 300 different types of files from including Word, Excel, PPT, photos, music files, videos, PDFS, access files, and many more
- Enables the user to even sort the recovered files based on the file name, file size, date of creation, and file extension and others.
- Completely restores all your files without causing damage to the any of your files.
- Not just your hard drive partition, it is even capable of recovering the deleted partition even from the memory cards, thumb drives, External hard drives, Sd cards and other External storage devices
- It is even compatible with other available Windows versions like Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 2003 server and many others
- Once you realize that you have deleted your vital Windows 8 partition then, just make sure you do not use the system again.
- Don’t ever try to repartition, format or do any such kind of acts that would just add up to the problem instead of solving.
- Most importantly, there are chances of your files getting overwritten making recovery impossible. Thus, it is recommended to STOP using your system until the files are recovered.
A scenario one of the users faced of late:
“Hi. There was about 80 GB of photos and other data stored on my Mac hard drive. While trying to delete an unused volume, I happened to accidentally format the partition that contained important files all important data using the Disk utility tool. As I use my Mac for personal as well as work purpose, there were many photos of my family including other important work related files.
I desperately need to get data back from the formatted Mac hard disk. Is there any trustworthy method of restoring files from a formatted hard drive on Mac? I came across quite a few data recovery apps out there that just claim to do the task but they eventually turn out to be consuming time and money without yielding any outcomes. So can anyone out there refer me a good and reliable data recovery tool which can help me in this situation? I am willing to spend some money if it is worth it. Thanks.”
Data recovery utilities for Mac hard drives:
It is a known fact that there are numerous data recovery apps available across the web that just claim to recover all kinds of files from a formatted drive but actually they bring in a lot of hitches. Most of them may not be able to accomplish even half of what they assert to do. So, how do you get the right tool from a pool of fake ones, and also, which among them is the better option for performing accidentally formatted Mac hard drive recovery?
Getting the right data recovery tool is necessary:
This article will assist you in finding the right data recovery tool to help you efficiently restore all files from accidentally formatted Mac hard drive data. Read on to learn why Remo Recover is the ultimate choice for implementing data recovery on Mac hard drives.
This is why Remo Recover is the right choice for recovering accidentally formatted hard disk data on Mac:
- This multi – functionality app can be used to retrieve almost all kinds of data files such as songs, videos, pics, docs, emails, etc. from all forms of media storage devices including external hard drives and flash memory cards
- Remo Recover for Mac tool is equipped with a powerful and user friendly interface that will allow you to view all recoverable contents much before saving them back to any location. You need not get this product licensed unless you are sure that all of your contents are recovered properly and are in a good state
- This software is designed to support installation on all major Apple operating systems including Mac OS X Mavericks and OS X Yosemite
Hi I am using Windows 8 OS in my Sony Laptop. Recently I have connected my pen drive to the laptop since I wanted to format it. But unintentionally instead of pen drive I have selected a partition from my hard drive and formatted it. So I have lost my entire data in that partition. So is there any possibility to get back data from that partition. Does anyone know how to recover data from the lost partition? Then please let me know.
Yes there is a chance to retrieve data from the lost or deleted partition. Using data recovery tools one can restore missing partition easily from the hard drive.
These recovery tools can solve any issue with data recovery as it is designed to crack all kinds of issues. If you wish to retrieve data from the deleted or missing partition with ease, then go forward and download the application without any further doubts like virus attack, as it is free from all kinds of external threats. Once you finished download then run and install the application, you can perform partition retrieval process within couple of minutes.
But prior to going for the partition recovery process in detail, let me portray some cases in which our recovery tool could be useful for you and have a great success. Because of this, we have acquired number of satisfied customers and that made this software the most recommended one by data experts among its contemporaries.
Situations where partition gets deleted:
- Suppose you are trying to partition the hard disk using an unreliable app or else you are unaware of how to use that partitioning software, then there is a chance that you may lose the partition if something goes wrong while doing the partition.
- If at all any corruption in the header file will also leads to loss of data in the partition because header file holds all the particulars of a partition like date and time of the partition created, location where it got stored etc.
- Catalog file stores all the details of the file and directories that are present in disk partition. If at all it gets corrupted due to some strange reasons, then it may result in deletion of partition and all the data stored in it.
- Sometimes your Windows OS may get crashed due to some unfamiliar reasons. Even in such situations also you may end up with loss of partition.
- And also if any interruption caused while performing hard disk partition may cause deletion of entire partition.
- Hard disk drive failure will also leads to deletion of partition from the local disk.
Apart from these, there are so many cases which may direct to deletion of partition from Windows system. If you want to bring out the missing or deleted partition for recovering those lost files, you can simply use Remo Recover Tool, which will help you in restoring all the data by performing deep scan using its in-built strong scanning algorithm.
How the Remo Recover Tool will be helpful?
This Remo Recover software smooth the progress of recovery with demo version, by making use of this you can evaluate the functionality of this utility earlier to its actual purchase. Once the tool completes the recovery process, the utility will let you to preview the restored files from the missing partition, and you can save the recovered data in any desired location in your system as well as external storage devices like pen drive, CD, memory card, etc., after obtaining the licensed version
Formatting of the hard drive are of two types namely low level formatting and high level formatting. Partitioning of the hard drive creates the data structure which is necessary for the operating system. During installation process of the operating system quick format creates the file system format which is referred as high level formatting. As quick format is faster and easier most of the people prefer to have quick format to convert the file system like FAT32 to NTFS etc. By using this quick format we can erase all the data present in the storage device. FAT partition mat reformat accidentally during reformatting from FAT16 to FAT32 partition when low quality tools are used.
Consider a scenario that you have partitioned the hard drive. You have some unwanted files present in your external USB drive partition. Now you want to format that drive, in order to remove the unnecessary files from the external USB drive partition. Suddenly you realized that formatted disk partition contains some of your recent files which are important for you. You have tried to restore back those files by using the backup facility but of no use as it is not present there. This results in loss of data from your hard drive partition because of formatting.
Scenarios for data loss
Accidental formatting– When you want to format the hard drive partition of D drive by accident you may select the E drive for formatting. This results in corruption of partitions and may result in data loss.
Hard drive reformatting– During the process of converting the file system of hard drive from FAT to NTFS or from NTFS to FAT you may lose some of your important files if you are not having the correct back up facility.
Corruption of files: Turning off your system in an improper way, closing the program which is still processing accidentally, power failure, etc may contributes to the corruption of file system, resulting in loss of data from the hard drive.
You may loss the data by other reasons like, while reformatting FAT partition in order to have a better data management and security features, reformatting the FAT drive mistakenly when trying to reformat to another drive. If you want to perform quick format recovery process then you need powerful format recovery software which helps you to retrieve your entire lost file after quick format. Remo Recover is the most excellent solution to recover deleted partition by using this partition recovery software.
There is no need of getting worried as these lost data from partitions can be restored using the recovery software. This software also supports to recover FAT partition data after reformat. You can recover lost data from hard drive partition by using the Remo Recovery software.
Features of Remo Recover software:
- Restores complete data even after the drive is reformatted from one file system to another file system
- Supports to recover data from partially reformatted drives.
- Supports in identifying and restoring all important Office files, image, multimedia files, digital RAW photo files and other important file types based on their unique signatures
- Supports in retrieving lost data from partition after quick format on Windows 7, XP and Vista.
This partition recovery tool could be one of the most useful recovery software which has the ability to recover data from partition after quick format and also recover FAT Partition Data after reformat.