If you have deleted any of your files from Mac trash then does that mean that the files are lost forever? Well, we would like to clear up your doubt that files are not actually lost from the Trash. They might go to Trash bin which needs extra clicks to get removed. Even if the file is locked or used by another application then also the file won’t get deleted. Here we provide you with handy fixes that will guide you to empty Trash on Macintosh.
- You should check if the file is in use by any other application, you sometimes get an error stating that File is in Use. Simultaneously try closing all the running apps so that the file is no more being used by any of the apps
- If in case you are getting Locked file error then you should press and hold the Option key. Finder > Empty Trash. The use of Option Key indicated the macOS that it should bypass the locked files.
If the above two won’t help you in either way then go on reading the below content as the trick discussed here will definitely work.
Step 1: Turn off the Mac system. Hold Command + R while you are about to start the Mac. Hold the keys unless and until Apple logo appears
Step 2: Mac will now enter the recovery mode. In the top menu bar, you should click on utilities. The drop down appears, where you need to click on terminal
Step 3: Open up the terminal to run command by typing cs0util disable and press return
Step 4: Click on the Apple on the top left and click restart. Now you can empty your trash as usual
This solution will help you to undelete Trash Mac as these tricks have satisfied most of the Mac users. But if in case, anything is found missing from your end then you can take guidance of trusted third party utilities.
Sierra is the latest version of Mac operating system developed and released by Apple Inc. and is available for all Apple users for a free upgrade. But, while upgrading to macOS Sierra, be careful about all your data files stored previous to update. Even small negligence can result in loss or deletion of files during macOS Sierra update. In this article, it is mainly focused on how to restore photos lost in macOS Sierra update. In case, if you have lost your precious images during Sierra update, then safe recovery of lost images is possible by using Remo Recover software.
Note: Before going to recover lost or deleted images after macOS Sierra update, it is suggested not to save new files on the location of the hard drive from where you lost your image files. Because, overwriting on the lost files reduces the chance of photo recovery
If you have Time Machine backup, then you can easily restore photos lost in macOS Sierra update. Here are the steps that you need to follow to recover lost photos after Sierra update from Time Machine backup
- Click on Apple menu, and then select System Preferences option and click on Time Machine
- Now, click on Show Time Machine in menu bar
- You will see Time Machine menu, where you need to click on Enter Time Machine option that will take you to Time Machine window
- In Time Machine window, you have to select the image file that you want to restore
- After choosing the image file, hit on Space Bar to see its content
- Now, click on Restore option or simultaneously press Ctrl and click keys that restores your image file to its original location on Mac
Image recovery from Time Machine backup is possible if and only if you have previously set it. In case, if there is no backup schedule or no backup, then you need to rely on some powerful data recovery tool like Remo Recover to restore photos lost in macOS Sierra update. The demo version of this software is available for free download, just download and run it on your Mac system. Demo version has all the features as that of complete edition, but you can’t save the recovered images on your Mac system. Demo version scans your entire Mac hard drive rigorously and recovers all your image files within no time, and then it allows you to view the recovered images before you purchase the licensed version, thereby you can evaluate it before you activate the tool.
Features of Remo Recover application:
- Remo Recover not only recovers image files, but also all kinds of files such as videos, audios, MS Office files like PowerPoint files, Word documents, excel files, etc., games, system or program files, and many more
- Demo version comes out with save recovery session feature that helps you in avoiding rescanning of your Mac hard drive again while running the complete version of the tool. By using Open Recovery Session button, you can save the recovered files, without rescanning your drive again
- It facilitates you to sort the recovered files based on file name, file type, size, and date.
- Designed with user friendly interface that makes photo recovery an easier task for both new and professional users
- Supports data recovery from formatted, reformatted, corrupted, or damaged Mac Volumes that are formatted with file systems like FAT16, FAT32, HFS, HFSX, and HFS+
Major causes behind photo loss after macOS Sierra update:
In case, no backup of files is available and the upgrade process go wrong, then entire files including pictures might get deleted. Upgrading to macOS Sierra from lower version, sometimes can result in corruption of photo file header due to which it becomes inaccessible and leads to photo loss. Excessive disk fragmentation, access permission errors, and other factors are responsible for the loss of images from Mac systems.
HFS and HFS+ are the file systems supported by Mac system by default. No doubt, Mac even supports Fat32 and ExFAT, with read only support for NTFS. It is a common practise for Mac users to format one or two Volumes with HFS and the others with HFS+ or other file systems. However, while creating a partition or reformatting the existing Mac Volume, there are chance of losing an existing partition that creates data loss problems.
If you have lost or deleted your Mac HFS partition, don’t get upset, as the technology has advanced and so, many data recovery tools are available to perform lost or deleted HFS partition recovery on Mac systems. Just go through this article to know which the best software to recover HFS partition is and how to perform it.
Before going to know how to perform Mac HFS partition recovery with this software, let us see some instances that cause data loss from HFS partition
- Accidental deletion
- Intentional or unintentional formatting without data backup
- Catalog file and Volume header corruptions lead to inaccessibility of HFS drives and so results in severe data loss
- Frequent power outages when the HFS Volume is in use can cause Mac Volume corruption and so results in loss of files and folders from HFS Volume
HFS partition recovery with Remo Recover Application:
Here is Remo Recover software to perform Mac HFS partition recovery in safe and secure way on all Mac running systems. All you need to do is, just install and run its free demo version on your system. This tool rescues all your video files, music files, images, Word documents, PowerPoint files, spreadsheets, etc. without any difficulty. It recovers HFS partition from reformatted, formatted, and corrupted hard drives with utmost ease. After the completion of recovery process, demo version permits you to preview all the recoverable files in either File Type View or Data View. If you are satisfied with the result, then purchase the licensed edition and save the recovered files at your destination place.
Eye-catching features of Remo Recover utility:
- “Save Recovery Session” option in demo version helps you in avoiding rescanning of your Mac system after activating the tool. With “Open Recovery Session” option, you can save all the recovered files without rescanning your system
- It creates disk image of the hard drives that is corrupted due to bad sectors or virus infection and later recovers data from the disk images
- This utility is compatible with Mac El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Snow Leopard, and other Mac OS X
- It supports data recovery on MacBook Pro, Mac mini, iMac, MacBook Air, and other Mac systems
- It also recovers deleted and lost files from corrupted, formatted, and reformatted HFS+ and HFSX Volumes with utmost ease
Tips to avoid data loss:
- It is always safer to have updated and reliable antivirus application on your Mac system
- Maintain regular backup of all your important files and folders to avoid severe data loss problems
All recovery software claims to recover data from hard drives or Mac volumes. But, some of them fails badly. You have to do the recovery from your Mac volume using the finest and top data recovery software apple Mac, because only it is able to make it quick and efficient as well. If you are looking for one, Remo Recover is the perfect tool for your recovery needs. It performs retrieval of files from Mac in a phenomenal way. Let’s check out the attributes that makes it better than anything else.
Attractive Features of Remo Recover Mac
- This utility is easy to use, fast in processing and provides safe retrieval of Mac volumes that are deleted due to formatted, reformatted, partitioned drive on Mac computer.
- It supports recovering volumes from different hard drive interfaces like SATA / SCSI / IDE etc., and flash memory cards such as microSD cards, MMC cards, USB drives, Fire Wire Drives, iPods and much more.
- The tool is compatible in restoring deleted volumes from most of the Mac Operating System editions like Leopard, Snow Leopard,Yosemite and El Capitan.
- It can effortlessly rescue data from HFSX, HFS+, FAT and ExFAT volumes which are deleted, formatted or reformatted.
- This tool has capacity to restore various file types of Microsoft Office files, media files such as photos, music, videos, emails from Mac volumes and fromexternal hard drives.
Causes of Data Deletion in Mac
- When working with partition using any system tools will certainly end up corrupting or even deleting your partition data if used with less care.
- Activities such as reinstallation of OS or upgrading to the new one will require user confirmation before proceeding and the system warns you to back up any important step before proceeding to the installation. Installing it ignoring the message will put your data into risk.
- While creating new volumes on Macintosh using any third party partitioning tool can sometimes cause deletion of existing volumes on your hard drive.
- Deleting any system files will actually put your drive data in danger. As it is hidden by default, user cannot delete it, but there are ways to access it to gain more privilege. Doing it without proper understanding wipes your data off the drive
If your volume is deleted or affected in any ways from the causes mentioned above, then Remo Recover is the perfect software for you. It will be able to handle it and rescues your data by using top class algorithm.
How to Recover?
The software is designed in a way that it can be helpful for even novice users. From the process of installing to recovering data, it requires simple clicks from the users. Download and install Remo Recover toolkit on your Mac. Open it once the installation is complete. From the very first step to the end of the recovery, it will guide you on rescuing your data from Mac computer. The free “Preview” is available in all versions of the tool and the user will be able to “Save” the recovered files on their hard disk drives.
Data recovery from iMac is simple and much easier. Don’t believe me? Then read on to know how to restore lost data from iMac and that too in a simple process. No technical knowledge is required to operate the software for the sake of restoring files. It allows installation in all Mac OSX platforms thus you won’t get any compatibility issues.
Functionalities of Remo Recover Software
- The scanned files can be saved on any internal or external storage medium and to save disk space, the restored files can be compressed before saving it on the disk.
- Users can display the recovered data before saving it to the disk with the help of “Preview” option. Similarly with “Save Recovery Session” option, you can save the scan session while scanning huge drives or partitions.
- After successful scanning of folders and files, the software lets you arrange the files based on name, date, type and size of the file. The software is supported on all Mac OSX versions and supports all file systems on Mac.
- Users can view the recovered data on the basis of file types by using two options called “File Type” view and “Data Type” view which displays it in their own unique style.
- The technical support team is working round the clock thus you can contact them at any time. They will be happy to resolve your query.
Data Loss Scenarios from iMac
- Drive formatting is the most common and an important reason behind data loss. In this, you should get rid of accidental formatting. Sometimes, the system itself shows that that drive needs to be formatted. In this case, your every action should be done carefully otherwise there are higher chances of data getting lost.
- While transfer of files from one storage media to Mac and or Mac to the external drive, any disruption in the process causes data loss.
- Usage of third party utilities to restore files may result in loss or deletion. Thus the option should be avoided for the safety of your data. Further cases are errors in file system conversion, resizing it incorrectly using Disk Management tool, dreadful virus attacks are all responsible for the loss of data from your iMac.
You should be aware of some things before opting for recovery process. Don’t repeatedly for mat or delete the contents of the drive, it may harden the process of recovering and thus it is not recommended. Also, change in file system and other activities of file transfer are to be avoided.
Download the software from the above link and open the software. A screen will appear in which you can carry out restore process from your iMac. Choose “Recover volumes / Drives” from the menu and then choose the drive from where you want to recover files from. Scanning process may take a while depending upon the size of the disk and finally you are all done. Preview the file and if you feel happy with the results, get yourself an activated version of the software to Save the files on your disk.